I am done with apologizing

I am an over-apologizer. If someone is mean to me or hurtful you can bet I'm going to be the one apologizing first. If someone is being rude the first words out of my mouth are usually "I'm sorry to bother you, but..." and to me I think that's not entirely bad. It's good to be quick to say sorry but sometimes you need to apologize for apologizing too much - and that is what this is.

I am done with apologizing on this blog. I may or may not write book reviews every week. I really want to. I love writing them, but my life is really full with other stuff too. I'm okay with that. 

I am especially done with apologizing for how bad my fiction posts are. Every post lately has had an apology because I realize that I have not written fiction regularly since I was about sixteen, so my writing probably reminds you of the stuff you were writing as a teenager. That's why I'm practicing. My story lines are cliche but I'm not trying to write the next great American novel. I write because I love to write and I love to read. 

Yes - the story I've been writing might work better if she was a young single twenty-something or better yet a teenager, but this is the story I wrote in my head as I drove home from vacation a couple of years ago so this is the story I'm writing here. These are the characters I sometimes think about and these are the moments I enjoyed spending with them. Maybe you will too. If you don't, that's okay. I'm not offended. 

So that's the end of my rant. Now feel free to remind me of this if I start to apologize again so I can apologize for it.

Comments

Popular Posts