#FaithRaiderReads - Alan Bradley

I feel most like myself when I have a good book to read. I grew up going to the Library every week, and have been an avid reader for most of my life. However it's become more difficult to find my next book. I don't want to read anything and everything and I get frustrated when I pick up a novel from the new adult fiction table and it's just not at all something Inwant to be putting into my mind. 

So one of my goals for this blog is to have a weekly post with one book, or maybe two or three that are similar, that I enjoyed reading. I post about this on my Instagram using the hashtag #faithrphotogreads but I don't always write much of a review/description and that's what I want most from a recommendation. So here we go:



I requested this book from my library because it was recommended on Jen Hatmaker's blog - so I thought it was worth a try. It so was. I was totally engrossed. I wanted to become a super-reader or skip to the end or something because I just could not stand waiting to find out what happened!

It's about the most precocious little girl who is trying to solve the mystery of the man who she found dead in her garden. She is a character that is so vibrant and quirky. 

For a content rating I'd give it a PG. It's a strait-up murder mystery so there's that but there's not a lot of violence (just one scary scene!), lust or bad language. Because of the subject of the book I would not recommend this for older children. My oldest daughter (an advanced reader in 8th grade) read one of the books in this series but didn't enjoy it. But if you're looking for something good and clean yet clever and engaging I would give this one a try.

At some point this later year or early next I want to start sending a monthly email. I'm not 100% sure what it will be yet - maybe some kind of an online book club type thing? Definitely with book recommendations and helpful/interesting links. If you're interested sign up here. (You can unsubscribe at any time). 

Comments

Popular Posts